We will continue to run the club through 2022!
Do interesting, unexpected and unusual colours appeal to you? If your answer is yes, then this club is for you.
Each month we will be using an online random-colour generator (posted for you live on Instagram) to select a colour. Because it is a random selection, ANY colour is possible, so be ready to expect the unexpected. Whatever is selected will be the prominent colour; however, we will also include a few other hues to create either a speckled, tonal or variegated colourway. It's going to be a great challenge for us, and a fun way for you to stash some interesting colours that you might not have otherwise considered. Here are the details:
- This is a subscription-based club, meaning you will be charged at the same time each month until you decide to stop. Subscription payments mean you can opt in and out at your leisure.
- As mentioned we will be posting on Instagram a video of the colour selection process, so you can see which colour was randomly selected. This will happen on the 16th of every month. After this we will begin our colour creation process and dyeing, however this part will be a secret (no spoilers!).
Yarns will ship in the last week of each month. All packages will ship with tracking. You will receive an email letting you know the club has shipped, as well as a separate email with your tracking details.
Choose to receive 1, 2, 3 or 4 skeins of El Merino per month. One skein (100g) is a good sampler, two skeins would be perfect for most shawls, three and four skeins are ideal for garments or for sharing a club subscription with your knitting pals.
We will not be repeating any of the colourways, so make sure you buy enough for the projects you love to make. If you want to buy more or sell your club skeins, then read on!
We have opened a Ravelry thread for this club. Feel free to share your club skeins and projects, or use the thread to buy/sell/swap your club skeins. You can also share your club skeins or projects by using #skeinclub2021
- The cut-off date for each month is the 15th. If you sign up after the 15th, you will begin receiving your club the following month. For example, if you sign up on the 16th of January your first club will ship the last week of February. The cut-off date is calculated in Australian time, which is a day ahead of most countries.
Prices include shipping. Because we have offered reduced shipping, we cannot combine ship with other orders.
- Discount codes and points cannot be used for the club; also, the club payments do not count towards Skein Points.
- If, for some reason, we are unable to get El Merino from our mill in time for the club, we will source another yarn of the same value or more.
- If the random-colour generator selects the same or a very similar colour to the previous month, we will re draw (there's only so much brown you can have in your stash!).
- You can unsubscribe at any time, just click the 'unsubscribe' button below and follow the prompts.
- Any questions, feel free to contact us.