This week we have yet another pattern crush, the Ohra shawl by Caitlin Hunter (we seem to have a crush on all her designs!). Ohra is a triangular shawl featuring a central cable and lots of scrumptious texture, including lace, garter, stockinette and rib. Ohra also includes fun tassels that run along the bottom of the lace section; they are optional but we think they really give the shawl its unique look!
Ohra is a one-size shawl that requires four colourways; the pattern suggests two full skeins and two minis. This week we have dyed up six colour combinations that we think would look amazing. Here they are:
From the top
- Beach Shack, Night Owl, Sterling and Scribbly Gum
- Confetti, Barley, Ghost and Tres Chic
- Phosphorescent, Cosmic Dust, Sari and Spellbound
- Wintertide, Sea View, Metropolis and Peace
- Philosopher, Cafe Bleu, Early Morning Mist and Hopeless Romantic
- Autumn Plum, Love Buzz, Jersey and Eventide
All yarns will be available in the shop this Friday. As always we will be listing each yarn individually, giving you the freedom to purchase what you like. The Ohra pattern can be purchased separately over on Ravelry.
Also available this week is Merino Cashmere in a few colourways, as well as a whole heap of Merino Silk Sport (pictured above in Dandelion and Tropical Storm).
Hope you can pop by the shop this Friday at 9am AEST and check out this week's update. And, as always, have a lovely week!
The Skein Team xxoo
Leave a comment